ABC Alumni reunite in Wilton – 15 July 2017
Pictured in the back row: Ray Chambers WHS 1999 (Brown University, Harvard Business School), Chris Payne WHS 2008 (Amherst College), Marcus Cave WHS 2006 (Howard University). In the front row: Qui-Juan Jones WHS 2004 (American University), James Uko WHS 2005 (Carnegie Mellon), Anthony Esponda WHS 2004 (Boston College), Roger Manzano WHS 2002 (Lafayette College), Jamal Aaron WHS 2001 (Boston College).
Here are some of the highlights of what they had to say about their time in Wilton:
- The Changs, the first resident directors, made a big difference in their lives. The structure of having dinners together every night, the study hall, and even the chores(!) and laundry… they learned life skills like ironing shirts for the Christmas picture.
- The Host Families made a real impact on their ABC experience. Many are still in touch and even a part of family weddings, and other family affairs.
- They remember and appreciate their College Coaches who helped them and believed in them.
- They believe in paying back and the ripple effect of doing so. They have returned to their communities and been able to help others who may not know how to apply to colleges, or get a job, or get ahead.
- Having the ABC experience prepared them for college. They felt they were better prepared than many of their college peers, such as with study habits, laundry, discipline, living away from home, and so on.
Heidi Hawk And ABC Scholar Hector Melesio In The ABC Boys House Kitchen Read More